First Poseidon MKVI Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor course conducted
in Central America at the Utila Dive Centre
We'd like to congratulate Dean Till, David Stover and Guillemro Peirano on becoming the first ever PADI MKVI Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructors on a course held at the Utila Dive Centre in Honduras. The candidates had qualified as PADI rebreather divers earlier this year and had since been working on building up their hours and logging dives on the Poseidon MKVI units prior to entering the Instructor course that was held in early February 2012. During the 4 day Instructor course the candidates, who were already qualified as PADI Scuba Instructors, attended presentations on standards for conducting various PADI rebreather programs, participated in practical workshops covering rebreather assembly, maintenance, changing parts and rigging bail-out bottles. The candidates also organised and ran confined and open water training dives where they demonstrated skills and role-played problem solving scenarios, and completed a skills circuit, prior to auditing training dives from the PADI rebreather courses. Now Dean, David and Guillermo are a handful of qualified recreational rebreather Instructors and able to meet the demand for this growing specialised area of diving.
The PADI Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR) revolution is underway at Utila Dive Centre
We're excited and pleased to announce that once again Utila Dive Centre continues to lead the way in the global and regional diving industry, with the announcement of our new rebreather programs for 2012. The PADI recreational closed circuit rebreather course is now available and utilises the most user friendly and convienient unit on the market, the fully automated Posedion MK6. The benefits of diving a closed circuit rebreather over traditional open circuit scuba include;
- Longer dive times with extended gas consumption, and longer no decompression limits
- Less noise, no bubbles and the ability to become a part of the aquatic realm, not just an observer, fish and other creatures will come close to check you out!
- More enhanced photos and videos of aquatic life as you can now get much closer to your subjects
- Stay warmer longer as less body heat is exhaled
Our PADI Course Director and Rebreather Instructor Trainer Andy Phillips recently spent time at PADI Headquarters in California in order to qualify as an Instructor Trainer on the Poseidon MK6 unit, and as of January 2012 we will be offering both diver and Instructor training on the unit at Utila Dive Centre in the Bay Islands of Honduras.
Check this video of a PADI Poseidon MKVI Closed Circuit Rebreather course at Utila Dive Centre
For divers this is the perfect opportunity to enhance and enrich your dive experiences by using the most advanced dive equipment since Cousteau invented the Aqualung regulator! For Divemaster and Instructor candidates this offers the perfect chance for you to advance your training, dive career and step into the future of recreational diving with our Poseidon and PADI rebreather Instructor classes. The Utila Dive Centre is currently the only PADI Career Development Centre in Honduras, the Caribbean, and Americas to offer this training for recreational divers and our courses include;
- PADI Open Water rebreather diver - 3 days and qualifying you to depths of 18 meters/60 feet
- PADI Advanced Open Water rebreather diver - 2 days and qualifying you to depths of 30 meters/100 feet
- PADI Integrated Open Water/Advanced Open Water rebreather diver - 4 days and qualifying you to depths of 30 meters/100 feet
- PADI Rebreather Instructor courses - 3 days and qualifying you to teach the Open Water, Advanced Open Water, integrated program, Discover rebreather, rebreather crossover and rebreather refresher programs.
Our Instructor level training courses (3-4 days duration) and crossovers (1 1/2 to 2 1/2 days duration), are scheduled each month on the following start dates in 2012;
March 3rd and March 31st
June 2nd and June 30th
September 1st and September 29th
For more information on our PADI and Poseidon MK6 rebreather courses please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
At PADI Headquarters recently on the PADI Rebreather Instructor Trainer program